Ripple (XRP) Price Prediction 2020, 2025 and 2030
Since Ripple is still the world’s third-largest crypto asset by market cap, it’s increasingly popular among traders. The cryptocurrency is widely used for trading and exchange, not mentioning how many people use it as a long-term investment. Let’s find out what is short- and long-term Ripple price prediction for you to make correct trading decisions.
Before we discuss XRP price prediction options, let’s take a closer look at the asset and the underlying blockchain.
What is Ripple’s XRP?
|Protocol||the XRP Ledger Consensus Protocol|
|ROI Since Launch||3141,93%|
|Launch Date||August 5, 2013|
XRP cryptocurrency is a coin designed primarily for the banking sector. The creator of the XRP cryptocurrency, Ripple Labs Inc, has partnerships with more than two hundred major financial institutions, including Standard Chartered Bank, Westpac, Banco Santander, and BBVA.
Most altcoins differ from Bitcoin in particular details like working with smart contracts, increased transaction speed, and increased security and anonymity requirements. But there are systems that go a lot further. This is what Ripple (XRP) is about.
Most alternative cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin itself operate on the basis of Blockchain technology, which is a distributed database. Security with cryptographic code, which guarantees anonymity and security, is the essence of all virtual money. However, Ripple set a more ambitious task. It functions as a global free payment network with an internal XRP coin. The system is based on the technology of payment gateways. Such a system is attractive to banks.
A gateway is any organization or person that gives other users the opportunity to take or invest money in the ripple liquidity pool. In practice, gateways resemble the work of banks, but they are united by one global register - the Ripple protocol.
It is worth distinguishing between the RippleNet system and the Ripple tokens. Most banks work with the payment system, and cryptocurrency is tied to the Liquidity on Demand project. Therefore, the development of Ripple does not always entail an increase in the cost of XRP.
Peculiarities of XRP cryptocurrency
Why so many traders prefer investing in Ripple?
- XRP currency has a legal entity, representative office, and headquarters in the United States. This point is attractive to investors in terms of the reliability of capital investments.
- Ripple cannot be mined. The developers abandoned the idea of mining coins and immediately issued 100 billion coins. Each coin is divided into a million parts - a “drop.” At the same time, coins are no longer issued. The best thing about it is that user computing devices do not just burn energy, as is the case with most cryptocurrencies, but make important calculations for medicine and other studies. The participants in the computer network receive a fee in the form of XRP coins and know that they are participating in useful business.
- High transaction speed. While Bitcoin takes 10 minutes for transaction processing, in the Ripple network, transactions take 3-4 seconds.
- The Ripple token is different from the classic understanding of cryptocurrency. One of its main functions is a payment bridge. XRP can be used by users in cases where the exchange of the necessary assets is not available.
- Low commission. The transaction fee is 0.00001 XRP, which is almost non-existent. Its purpose is spam protection, not getting money out of customers. At the same time, the fee is “burned,” which in the long run, will reduce the number of coins.
- The blockchain algorithms and source codes are completely free and available for download to anyone. The technology allows users to distribute opportunities and customize in accordance with specific needs. The row of validators is growing every day, providing access to various markets and platforms.
- Ripple offers way more reliable protection against hacking.
- Transactions can be canceled. This distinguishes Ripple from most cryptocurrencies.
The list of Ripple’s advantages can go and on. Although some accuse the network of being highly centralized, it serves a bit different purpose than other altcoins.
What exactly XRP price forecast will depend on?
The cost of XRP cryptocurrency depends on what will happen to the technologies underlying the cryptocurrency and the overall cryptocurrency market state. The following facts should be taken into consideration:
- Like any other altcoin, XRP follows the Bitcoin’s direction. When BTC gets bullish and grows in price, Ripple and other coins repeat the path. When the next massive uptrend happens, XRP might double in price.
- Today, over 200 banks use the Ripple system to perform transactions. The most well-known partners include Santander, Yes Bank, Union Credit, and NBAD. The more organizations switch to Ripple, the higher will be its capitalization.
- Forbes included Ripple in the list of 10 biggest fintech companies in the USA 2020. That proves the company’s potential.
- Ripple is traded on over 60 exchanges, including Binance, Kraken, etc. Its popularity is spreading.
Many experts are sure that XRP is a great long-term investment. It will make a hit on the market in several years, which is why long-term Ripple price prediction is more positive than short-term forecasts.
At the same time, Ripple’s growth is restricted by one significant fact: it’s not trader-focused, and does not bring much profit to regular XRP owners. Instead, its value is about the technological platform that is being successfully used by banking organizations.
Very often, XRP’s actual growth doesn’t live up to users’ Ripple price prediction. That makes many crypto enthusiasts and traders feel hopeless about the asset and makes them sell it.
According to the research conducted by Weiss Ratings, XRP may surpass ETH and BTC in price if Ripple manages to press SWIFT out of the interbank transfer market. But this is a serious rival that will not give up its first place and even plans to leverage blockchain technologies in its network. Thus, the price of XRP is not likely to change much in the future.
Short-term XRP price prediction
How much can XRP cost in 2020? There are many XRP prediction options from TradingView.
According to user Strictly, XRP is moving through an ascending channel. His positive XRP price prediction is based on Elliot Wave, Fractal analysis and Channel analysis. While the price movement off the low ($0.11400), there might be a decent bounce. It can be proved by Elliot wave and other factors.
User Bitcoinik provides a profound technical XRP price forecast: Ripple is now moving in an uptrend channel. The RSI follows the same pattern of the previous rally. The previous rally of XRP was started from $0.18 and reached $0.33. This rally is started from $0.13, and we are expecting that XRP will touch the daily 200 MA resistance that is around $0.23.
According to Trading-Guru, the price of XRP/USD is currently right on this very popular trading area of around 19 cents, as seen by the volume profile. Also, we can see that the price is looking for a direction after converging slowly to the tip of this symmetrical triangle.
Both of these signs are neutral and don't show direction yet, so it’s hard to give any exact Ripple price prediction. Yet, this is a trend we are seeing with many altcoins right now. Everything is waiting for confirmation in any direction. We should keep a close look on this triangle and the other coins, and try to trade into the course of the next breakout.
Ripple price prediction 2020
How much will Ripple cost by the end of 2020? It’s time to check the technical analysis provided by prediction websites.
- According to WalletInvestor’s XRP price prediction 2020, Ripple will cost $0.0224 in a year, which is a pretty pessimistic forecast.
- DigitalCoin provides a more realistic XRP prediction: it will be worth $0.38689478 at the end of 2020.
- TradingBeasts website claims that the average Ripple price prediction for 2020 is $0.36. Well, Ripple needs something to kick off its growth to reach this height again.
- LongForecast’s XRP price prediction 2020 is $0.26, which seems to be close to real numbers.
Considering the current state of the cryptocurrency market, Ripple has the chance to reach $0.25 in 2020, but its further growth is under question.
Long-term Ripple price prediction
- WalletInvestor’s forecast is $0.58 in 2021, and the average price of XRIP in 2025 will be $2.32.
- TradingBeasts’ XRP price prediction is $0.5 in 2022.
- According to the LongForecast website, XRP price will become as low as $0.15. This is a viable forecast that might come true if the overall crypto market decreases.
- DigitalCoinPrice claims that XRP will be $0.46 in 2021, $0.58 in 2022, and $0.87 in 2025.
- According to Quora users, XRP will reach the price of $0.50 by the end of 2023.
- According to CoinGape, Ripple price prediction 2021 is $2.5, while in 2023-2024, its price may reach $10.
All in all, XRP has the chance to reach $0.50 value within two years and may even surpass the $1 line in the long term.
You can check other XRP price prediction options on WalletInvestor website:
So, how much will XRP cost in the following years. It depends on a variety of factors, including overall cryptocurrency market state, advancements of Ripple network, and the introduction of Ripple network into the banking system.
We should not hope for a quick growth of the Ripple company. It casts a realistic look at its capabilities and is working upon improvements slowly but steadily. More and more banking and financial organizations implement Ripple network into their infrastructure. However, this growth is relatively slow. XRP price rate is not likely to alter dramatically in 2020.